Your chance to shine!
The committee have acquired a rather fine badge making machine and are keen to make good use of it. We will be selling a range of badges to commemorate the convention and to help raise money for our chosen charities.
This is where you come in. Have you ever wanted to see your artwork as a round shiny thing? Well now's your chance! We are looking for some Ankh-Morpork or Discworld inspired art for one of our badges to sell as part of a set at the convention. Maybe a favourite character or building? Perhaps the twin hippos?
- The badges are 7cm rounds – so, not too many small details - the Imps go cross eyed when making difficult images smaller.
- For digital artwork, please start by submitting a PNG/JPG of 300dpi - we'll contact winners to potentially get higher quality versions.
- For physical artwork, please send in a photo/scan of the art - we'll contact winners about getting the original or a higher quality scan.
- Your designs will be judged by a panel of the finest Guild members of the City
- The closing date is 1st October 2020
- If you are interested in entering, then please complete the form below.
- If you have any questions, please contact us.
What is the prize?
- The Prestige! The admiration of your Discworld peers!
- And a small bag of your creation to show off to family and friends, a commemorative framed print of your design, and mention in the Convention Book
Terms and Conditions
- All artworks remain your property. The winning entry will be used only as a badge image for the Australian Discworld Convention (Nullus Anxietas 7a). One or more images of the badge may be displayed on our website and included in the convention book.
- All artwork must be the entrant's own work.
- Entries must be submitted by 1st October 2020. The winner will be contacted by email and announced on our website.
- We will use our best endeavours to reproduce the artwork as sent, but sizing and colour printing may change it slightly.
- If you wish to submit an artwork anonymously or under a pseudonym, please tell us in the Comments box when you submit your entry.
- If we are sent a stunning piece of art work that would not work as a badge, but we may be able to use elsewhere, we will contact you to request permission to use it.
- If you are under 16, we will need your guardian's permission to enter the competition.
- Your cat does not count as your guardian unless it can talk!